“You can get anything you want in life so long as you help enough other people get what they want.” – Zig Ziglar
Psst. I’ve got a secret to share with you.
The most simple and cost-effective way to grow your business is so often overlooked; happy customers become your strongest advocates.
They talk to their friends, family, and associates and refer business to you.
Did you know an unhappy customer will tell 10 people, while a happy one will only tell 3.
Now, you can’t always make everyone happy, but here are 10 ways to delight your customers so that more people are happily talking about you:
- Meet with your customers more often and take a genuine interest in how they’re doing. At the very least call or email regularly them to check in.
- Run customer events. Put on a few drinks, get in a relevant speaker, and invite your customers along.
- Acknowledge your customers when they refer new customers to you. Send them a gift to show your appreciation.
- Give them a call (with no strings attached) just to check in on how they’re going.
- Do business with your customers and encourage your team to do the same. They are the experts in their field, and will be able to help you, after all that’s why they are investing in you!
- Refer work to your customers. The ‘Law of Reciprocity’ states that the more you do for others, the more likely they are to do something for you in return.
- Go the extra mile; under promise and over deliver.
- Make them feel special when they come into your business. Use their name, greet them warmly, and offer them a drink if face to face. If you are online, do video calls instead of phone calls so you can see each other face to face.
- Introduce them to your team so they feel more welcome and know who to speak to if you’re not around.
- Randomly send them something to show your appreciation for their business. Don’t just do this at Christmas. It doesn’t need to be something big – it could be as simple as forwarding something you’ve read that could be of interest to them.
Remember that, on average, it costs at least six times more to sell to a new customer than it does to sell to an existing one.
So, what are you doing to delight your customers in 2020 so they become your strongest advocates?
Need some help?
One thing many people don’t realise is that your bookkeeping and accounting software tells a story about your clients and prospects. Systems, processes and integrations can help with delighting your customers.
We are experts in systems, processes and integrations and can help you on your journey to delighting your customers and growing your business.