It’s a hard reality when you’re doing everything in your business and you know it’s stopping you from growing and scaling.
The hard truth is, it’s actually killing your business.
Now here’s the real truth – when you’re in business you have to do most of the tasks, especially at first. But it doesn’t need to stay that way. Once you know how to do a task and the process is working, it’s time to hand it off to someone else who can do it for you – and they may just do it better!
Delegation is the key to long-term success.
It doesn’t matter if you’re new to business or you’ve been in an established business for years – you can all get caught up in the “many hats of business”.
The first step is recognising it and the second step is letting it go!
When you can do that, your quality of life will change and you will have more time to spend doing the things you love and working on your business so you can grow it.
But right now your reality sounds more like this:
Once upon a time, there was a busy business owner who started work at 5 am and didn’t finish some nights until after midnight. She missed out on catching up with friends for drinks on a Friday night and family dinner on a Tuesday night. And even on the weekends, you could find her at her desk.
Now you think this busy business owner would be rich with millions of dollars in the bank, but alas, she was not because she didn’t even have time to send her invoices!
Her business was running her and there was no knight in shining armor in sight to save her!
If this is you – I’ll be your saviour! Let me help you get yourself out of your current situation and into a profitable business that works for you.
Doing everything in your business: Are you wearing all 10 hats in your business?
I’m giving you permission to stop doing everything in your business!
“Unless structure follows strategy, inefficiency results.” – Alfred D. Chandler.
The first thing you must do is understand the 10 hats and their functions and then get an organisational chart in place.
What are the 10 hats and their functions?
- Shareholder. Funds the business.
- Director. Sets the direction.
- Leadership. Implements the plan effectively.
- Product / Service Development. Develops the products or services for sale.
- Operations. Generates cash.
- Marketing. Generates leads.
- Sales. Converts prospects into customers.
- Finance. Manages the cash.
- HR. Enrols and engages the team.
- Admin / IT. Maximises efficiency.
How many of these hats do you wear and to whom can you pass these roles and tasks in the future?
The Four Principles of a Successful Organisation Chart:
- One leader.
- Responsibility and doing are not the same.
- Roles before people.
- Function determines responsibility.
The Five Fundamentals of an Organisational Chart:
- Keep it visual.
- Know the departments.
- Know the roles.
- Respect the hierarchy.
- Train the team.
What is the Leadership Quadrant
The easiest way to achieve an organisational chart and a team that works for you and your business is to understand and use the Leadership Quadrant.
It works on four key areas:
- Vision – Starting with the end in mind.
What do we want, the future and destination, and the business and the team?
- Energy – leading by example
Being positive, inspiring, and motivating
- Empowerment – empowering your team
Delegating to your team and trusting them, while giving feedback, training, and support.
- Focus – providing focus for your team
Giving clear KPIs and expectations, clarifying the purpose, and setting guidelines on the day’s tasks.
The final area to look at to achieve success with your team is the Performance Matrix.
What is the Performance Matrix?
The Performance Matrix shows it’s not only up to you as a business owner to help your team but for them to help you too, so it’s a win-win for everyone.
The matrix covers four specific areas:
- Attitude – Individuals take personal responsibility for their actions.
- Knowledge – The employer delivers knowledge through training, mentoring, and coaching their team.
- Skill – The level of skill and improvement of those skills is up to the individual to acquire and hone.
- Support – Delivered by the employer through systems and support.
Do you want to stop doing everything in your business?
If this is an area you are struggling with and you’d like to grow your business this year, come and join us at our 10 Hats Webinar.
The benefits of attending:
- Learn how you can free up your time and achieve better leverage – without blowing yourself apart
- Learn the 10 Hats of every business
- Understand which hats you’re wearing effectively
- Learn the function, responsibility and performance expectation of each hat
- Implement strategies so your entire team works smarter, not harder
Fixing your organisation structure could be the breakthrough you need to free up time to grow your business….
- Do you find yourself spread too thin in your business?
- Does your business have a clearly defined structure?
- Do you have job descriptions for every role?
If you want your business to be more sustainable, scalable, and ultimately, saleable – stop doing everything in your business and join this webinar.