The key is not spending time, but investing in it”
– Stephen R.Covey
Time management. Two little words. One big meaning, if you can master it!
Time management also comes down to two more little words with a big meaning … positive mindset.
The simple fact is, when you have a positive mindset about your business, you will be inclined to manage your time more effectively.
For example, when you love doing an activity, you’ll want to do it to the best of your ability. You enjoy it and want to give it your all.
Your business is the same.
1. Time management tips
When it comes to managing your time, try these top tips.
- Have a positive morning routine: Start your day off right with positive activities that help you feel good, for example, exercise, eating a healthy breakfast, drinking water, journaling, and so on.
- Positive videos: Watching positive videos can help you feel more motivated and inspired.
- Me time: To help you feel more positive about your business and your life, having “me time” is one the most beneficial activities you can do for yourself. Through regular self-care you will start to feel more positively within yourself and it will reflect in other areas of your life too. Remember to make time for family and friends too.
- SMART goals: You have probably heard of SMART goals? Setting goals is another way for you to feel more positive about your business and will help you spend your time in areas of your business that mean the most.
What are SMART goals?
SMART goals are a well-established tool to help you plan and achieve your business goals.
SMART is an acronym that stands for Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Timely.
MUST READ: Tony Robbins has a great blog on what SMART goals are here
2. How to create goals that get results
When you feel positive, have a positive mindset, set goals and achieve them, you have a better chance of business success.
There are three types of goals you need to have: short term, medium term and long term.
- Short-term goals – are your goals for the next month, what you want to achieve in the next 30 days.
- Medium-term goals – are for the next three months. What do you want to achieve in your business in the next quarter?
- Long-term goals – these are the goals you want to achieve in the next 12 months and beyond.
To have the best chance at business success, start with your 12-month goals, break them into three-month goals (every quarter), and then break your 90-day goals down into monthly goals and tasks.
Your SMART goals are a work in progress, and if at first you don’t succeed, try and try again.
If you don’t achieve your goals reflect on them and reconsider them. Try again!
3. How high-achievers stay positive to reach their goals
The Achiever Matrix, created by Stephen Covey, is an easy way to help you work on tasks that are the most productive and so they are in-line with your short-term and long-term goals. When you start to reach your goals, you’ll have a more positive mindset on what you can truly achieve.
The matrix is made up of four quadrants with its main aim to help you prioritise tasks based on their importance; allowing you to manage your time better and achieve more.
The quadrants include:
Urgent: This quadrant represents tasks which are both urgent and important.
Quality: These are the tasks that are important but not urgent.
Deception: These are the tasks that are urgent but not important.
Waste: These are the tasks which are not urgent and not important.
(Source: The Gap Blog)
How to grow your business
Ready to grow your business? There are three things you can do now.
- Build on your positive mindset and join us for our 30-day Self-Improvement Challenge. To play along, follow us on Instagram and Facebook and let’s start to feel more positive together.
- Take the stress out of your life and let us help you with your social media. One of the areas of business that can take up hours of your time is social media. So why not outsource this and take back your precious time? Check out our Social Media Management packages here.
- Business mentoring and coaching – if it’s time to really step up your business game, our mentoring and coaching package is your next step. Check out our business mentoring package here.