Self-care isn’t selfish. You’ve probably heard this saying a lot this year and that’s because it’s so important for your mental health, self-esteem and so you can run a successful business.
You need a holiday! With an emphasis on self-care, it’s more important than ever to take a break and have a holiday over the Christmas period.
It’s not only important for you, but also your family and your connection with them and your community.
Research conducted by The Alternative Board found most business owners work an average of 50 hours per week, with 68 percent of that time tackling daily problems and tasks and just 31 percent on strategically growing their business.
The business owners we work with at Vibrant Business say the biggest challenge they have is balance and splitting their time between their business and their family – with 90 percent saying time freedom and spending time with family is their number one desire.
Meanwhile, while your connection to yourself and your family is important, so too is connection to your community and fellow small businesses.
And that’s why we are on a mission to support local business this festive season and you’re invited to join us on this quest!
In this blog, we are covering why you need a holiday, and how business owners can take care of themselves and each other this holiday season.
How to take care of yourself at Christmas time
- Schedule time off over Christmas.
- Book a holiday for 2022.
- Schedule “me time” for next year, even if it is an hour a week – try for more though!
- Do something nice for yourself this month – have a massage, run a bath, call your bestie or go shopping! Remember we are supporting local businesses in December!
- Do some volunteering or donate some items that you no longer use or need to charity and help others this Christmas.
- Schedule a day out before Christmas and spend time with your family.
- Listen to some positive mindset videos on YouTube.
- Write down some personal goals you’d like to achieve next year.
How to take care of your business during the festive season
Your business needs care and attention and now is the ideal time to make plans to give it some TLC.
The most beneficial thing you can do for yourself and your business growth is to outsource the tasks that take up too much of your time. This is especially true of your bookkeeping, taxation activities and your business strategy.
If you are among the 50 percent of business owners working more than 50+ hours per week and only spending a small percentage working strategically on your business, this is where you need to start.
Other ways you can nurture your business include:
- Planning for 2022 now.
- Looking at other areas you can outsource.
- Letting go of activities, apps, technology or staff that are not serving the business any more.
- Checking your budget.
- Getting your books up to date to start the new year fresh.
- Sending thank you notes to your clients.
- Putting out a post and email about your availability and new year products and services.
How to support other businesses
You can buy local at any time of year, however, there’s never been a better time. Here’s how you can support your fellow small businesses and buy local this Christmas.
- Look for locally made products.
- Ask for recommendations and ask small businesses for gift ideas.
- Follow your friends in businesses on social media.
- Share their posts and products.
- Buy products and services from local businesses when you can.
- Recommend them to other friends.
- Tag local small businesses and post pictures of them and their business.
Now it’s your turn to take action. You need a holiday, so take some time out for yourself and your family in the New Year, support local businesses in your area because they need it, and put your work to the side so you can have a proper break (whether it’s a few hours, days, or maybe even a few WEEKS (lucky you!).
Let us help you with your bookkeeping and accounting
Speak to a member of our team about offloading some of that extra administration stress so you can have a holiday and take more time for yourself and your family.
Now is the best time to start the outsourcing process, so you can set up for the new year. Let us help you feel more vibrant about your business in 2022 and get in touch today.